I know this blog has been just photos posted from my Instagram, but that is only a part of what is going on in my life! I’m not guaranteeing that I will be posting things consistently, but I might as well make this a place to house cool things that happen.
Today I made the first trip to the grocery store to buy foods I can use to prepare meals for the week. I also bought ingredients for smoothies, as well as ingredients for a granola recipe I am absolutely in love with. And its pretty good for me!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups nuts - I used sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp liquid sweetener - I used pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp ground spices - I used ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp flaxseeds - I used chia seeds instead
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- However much dark chocolate you want
- 3/4 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Lightly grease one baking sheet.
- Mix all ingredients except heat sensitive things like chocolate.
- Spread mixture evenly on pan. Place on middle rack.
- Check every 10 minutes until browned to your liking. It won’t get crisp at this stage.
- Let granola cool on baking sheet. It will crisp as it cools.
- Store in airtight container.